Our Lutheran Women’s Missionary League chapter received its charter in 1942.
Who are Women in Mission?
"Growing in love, loving by serving." All confirmed women and wives of Calvary members are to serve the Lord with gladness at Calvary and throughout the world through activities and service opportunities with the LWML. Working together the women serve God, learn more about Him and encourage loving friendships as sisters in Christ. Specific details of each months events will be found in the weekly bulletin and monthly newsletter prior to the event. Women of all ages are welcome and encouraged to become involved in service to our Lord and Christian fellowship with other women through these planned events.
How can I get more information?
Contact one of the Women in Mission board members today!
- Studying God’s Word. Women’s Bible study is held the first Saturday of each month at 8:30 am in Calvary’s EPIC Library
- Growing friendships while serving side by side – LWR School kits
- Sewing/sowing support for Lutheran World Relief international refugee crisis and world missions with Quilt-a-thon and monthly quilters group.
- Extravagant Sharing- collecting food pantry items for Lutheran Child and Family Services’ Sharing Place
- Raising support for mission projects through the annual November Holiday Bazaar
2016–17 Major Mission Support
- Angel Tree- Prison Fellowship: $3,250
- Calvary- Tables and Chairs: $3,250
- Joy’s House South: $3,250
- LWML Mites for Missions: $624
2017-18 Project Coordinators
- Gloria Vandivier — Director — Email:
- Betty Bardonner — LWR school kit project
- Doris Sherfy — Have-a-Heart Cookie Project
- Jan Main — Bazaar Assistant Coordinator
- Joann Brandt — Confirmation banner service project
- Judy Kirkland — Quilters, Quilt-a-thon, Puppy Pillows
- Joy Wehrmeister — Secretary
- Kalai Udhay — Bible Study Coordinator/ LWML Sunday
- Kathy Ford — Bazaar Chairwoman
- Karen Wright — Silent Auction Coordinator
- Margie Leive — Treasurer
- Rosie Blazek — Extravagant Sharing
- Ruth Remetta — Visitations of Senior Members
- Sue McFarland — Publicity
- Susan Daniels — Blankets for Babies